Blackcurrants also known as cassis are the super food that seems to be forgotten. They carry a multitude of health benefits. Along with a high concentration of:
* Antioxidants, including one called anthocyanins which has been hitting headlines as they are linked to a range of health benefits.
* Vitamins including A, B-5, B-6, B-1, E and the most abundant being vitamin C. Blackcurrants carry four times the amount of vitamin C as oranges, and double the amount of antioxidants as blueberries. The benefits of vitamin C are many. The body uses vitamin C to metabolize protein and form collagen, which is essential for skin care and anti-aging.
Backcurrant can also help with:
* Blood flow
* Immune system
* Eye health and reduce visual fatigue
* Gut health
* Kidney health
* Muscle aches and pains
* Reduce metabolic conditions for type 1 and 2 diabetes
* Help heart cells resist damage and slow down platelet clumping in the blood vessels.
These mighty superstars are definitely worth adding to your weekly food shop.